Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tot School: Letter C

Welcome to Letter C Week! The spring semester started this past week, but we managed to work around it. I don't have pictures of everything because school started and things have been a bit hectic this week. But we did manage to get in some awesome stuff!

Of course, we started off everyday by coloring pictures of the Letter C.



We did some fun projects this week as well. My favorite: Corn made out of tracing Pumpkin's handprints.



And Pumpkin's Letter C collage:



For our C is for Crayon unit, I created a color matching activity. The Crayola website is fantastic. You can find plenty of printables and fun activities under the Educator's Tab. I found a coloring page of crayons, so I printed out a few copies, colored them in, and made matching colored notecards, and let Pumpkin go to town.


Of course, Pumpkin was more interested in the cat.



Pumpkin's favorite activity of the week: Counting cars!!! I had no idea he would have so much fun with this. I set out paper with the numbers 1 to 5, and helped him to put the correct amount of cars on each number. It was a huge hit!




And, to go along with the cars, our Alphabet Book includes this new letter!



I don't have pictures of the cow puzzle, because he did that with Dad while I was at school. But we have the Melissa & Doug puzzle block set, with 6 different pictures. He always has fun doing that. And Pumpkin always loves any excuse to play with his cars. :)

For more information about Tot School, visit 1+1+1=1.

No comments:

Post a Comment