Monday, March 21, 2011

Tot School

~Pumpkin is currently 19 months old~

It's been awhile since my last Tot School post! I'm slacking with blogging, I've had quite a bit of schoolwork that has needed to be done before I can do much of anything else (well, besides being Momma!). We worked on Letter H this past week, as well as doing some motor skills work. 

We used our Do-A-Dot markers to make an H, but we also used them to make some artwork too! He seems to really enjoy these markers, and I don't have to employ the hand over hand technique with them so much anymore (although I do need to stay within arms length).
We did quite a bit with Hands this week. We made hand prints out of a foam sheet, and we made hand prints out of fingerpaints, which always goes over well. Plus, I love having the artwork to hang on my wall.

To combine both the letter H and some motor skills work, we worked with name stickers! Pumpkin's name starts with an H, and he had such a blast with the stickers!


We also worked on sorting. I gave him white and red poker chips, and a box with two different spaces (we used the box his Melissa & Doug alphabet magnets came in), demonstrated what I wanted him to do, and let him go to town. 



When he got done sorting the different colors into their spaces, he went ahead and put all the red chips back with the white chips. 

We did some work with shapes, in the form of Shape Puzzles, taken from Confessions of a Homeschooler. Instead of laminating the pieces, I traced the pieces onto foam sheets. 

Pumpkin really liked the star puzzle, so he took it to the couch with him!

All in all, it was a pretty good week! I'll be incorporating more motor skills work and basic skills into our Tot School routine. Next week: Letter I!
Tot School












No comments:

Post a Comment